What is it about personalisation that makes it so popular? Serious question! You even get your name on your coffee cups at Starbucks these days! The closest I’ve come to wearing my name was on an engraved silver chain gifted to me for my Confirmation; I remember not wanting to wear it because it didn’t have the accent over the ‘e’ in my name. The furthest I’d stretch to on this now, is the wearing of an initial as opposed to my full name.
One gorgeous set of products with initials that I’ve come across is the Carolyn Donnelly Eclectic range for Dunnes Stores. She has designed a range of products that include printed tote-bags and embroidered plush velvet pouches with letters of the alphabet in her signature quirky style. I’d happily don an Eclectic ‘S’.
When I was young, my mum worked for Atari and I recall a printed bib being worn by one of my siblings that read, “My Mum Works in Atari and All I Got Was This Crumby Bib”. Before our daughter was born, I had so many ideas for personalising bibs, clothes, toys, blankets, etc. The possibilities are endless and being in the personalisation business, I was sure she would have a room full of personalised products. I couldn’t have been more wrong. I admire all the fabulous personalised products that leave our workshop every week but when it comes to making some for our own, we just never seem to get around to it. We did however manage to print up two sweatshirts; one that reads, ‘Mammy’s Girl’ and the other, ‘Daddy’s Girl’. I asked Mr SpeedStitch to choose the font style and I picked the rose gold foil vinyl (I’m obsessed!). No prizes for guessing which one she gets to wear when Daddy dresses her…
Christmas is a perfect time for personalisation. It can be so difficult to know what to get for friends and family for Christmas, but choosing something practical and functional and adding a monogram is an ideal gift.
Here are some perfect useful and personal gift ideas for the coming season (all available to buy and personalise from SpeedStitch, of course):
- Tote-Bag – add a large printed initial to personalise a gift that can have so many uses
- Apron – print or embroider a humorous slogan for the person who cooks Christmas dinner (or for the one who doesn’t…hint hint)
- Make-up Pouch – single or double initials make for a classy looking make-up purse
- Christmas Stocking/Sack – bring these out year after year so Santa won’t make any mistakes
- Pyjamas – twinning is winning! Get the whole family matching pyjamas and monogram them for cosy Christmas Movie days
- Dressing Gown and Slippers – perfect gifts that can be monogrammed and used all year round
For more personalised gift ideas or to ask us about our products and services, call us on 020 8531 4800, email email@example.com or contact us via our Social Media platforms.